Hi guys! This is a little twist on a classic lasangna, with some lightened up swaps to make it a little healthier for the whole family. Nobody will know it’s light and that’s the point after all right?
You will need:
- 5 fully cooked light smoked sausages (I used Casual Gourmet brand chicken sausages from Costco which are 130 cals each, so aim for something in that range), finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 17 no-boil Lasagna sheets
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 18 oz jar of marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe’s brand traditional marinara which has 30 cals per 1/2 cup – read labels, there are many sauces with hidden sugars and loads of calories)
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 15 ounce container of fat free ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 tsp of dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 3/4 cup of part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non stick spray.
Spoon 4 tbs of marinara onto the bottom of the dish and spread a very thin even layer out across the bottom of the dish and set aside.
In a skillet, sauté chopped onions until tender. Add garlic and sausages and mix. Add remaining sauce, tomato paste, and salt and pepper to taste and stir. Simmer on low heat until you begin layering Lasagna.
In a mixing bowl, add ricotta, egg, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and 2 tsp of Italian seasoning and mix well.
To begin layering, add 3 sheets of Lasagna on top of the thin layer of sauce across the bottom of the baking dish.
Carefully spoon half of cheese mixture on top of Lasagna sheets and spread an even layer.
Add three more Lasagna sheets.
Add 1/3 of the sausage mixture and spread evenly.
Add a layer of 3 Lasagna sheets.
Add a layer of the remaining cheese mixture.
Add a layer of 4 more Lasagna sheets as most dishes get wider on top and have more surface area from this point.
Add a layer of 1/3 of the sausage mixture.
Add a layer of 4 more Lasagna sheets.
Cover with remaining sausage mixture.
Cover with foil and allow to sit and absorb the flavor of the sauce and sausage for 20 minutes before baking in the oven for about 45 minutes.
Remove and uncover (carefully!) and add remaining 1/2 of shredded cheese and 1 tsp of Italian seasoning in top. Return to oven for five minutes to melt the cheese.
Serves 8 | 338 calories, 9.2g fat, 3.2g sat fat, 39.4g carbs, 3.4g fiber, 7.4g sugar, 24.3g protein
10 Weight Watchers Smart Points
9 Weight Watchers PointsPlus