It’s no secret that I love all things pumpkin. This is a simple muffin recipe with straight forward ingredients. If you have a can of pumpkin on hand, you probably have everything else you need to make them.
- 1-15 oz. can of 100% puréed pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of instant/quick oats
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and either grease or place nonstick liners in muffin pan.
In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well. Fold in chia seeds.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 to the top and bake for 25-27 minutes. Remove and allow to cool fully before eating as they will be a bit soft on the inside while warm.
Nutrition Info | Makes 12 muffins
150 calories, 3.4g fat, 28.5g carbs, 1.6g fiber, 4.3g protein
4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving