This is a really easy recipe that the whole family will love!
I combine lean ground turkey with chopped sauteed kale, salsa, and taco seasoning for a delicious and filling meatloaf inspired by Mexican flavors. Serve with steamed veggies and big green salad.
- 1 cup (dry) of quinoa/brown rice/whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 2 cups of chopped kale or spinach, sauteed in 1 tsp of ghee, butter, or oil of choice (if you use spinach, place on paper towel to remove excess moisture after sauteing)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs (I used 4C Gluten Free Breadcrumbs)
- 1 6-oz. can of tomato paste
- 1 1-oz. package of taco seasoning (I used Simply Organic Southwest Taco Seasoning)
- 1 12-oz. tub of pico de gallo or fresh salsa, drained very well
- 1/2 cup of light shredded cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease a square or rectangular baking dish.
Saute kale or spinach in butter or oil and place on paper towel to remove excess moisture.
Cook the pasta to package instructions. Remove, strain and rinse well with cold water. Shake to remove excess moisture and place cooked pasta on your cutting board. Roughly chop pasta and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
To the same bowl, add ground turkey, kale/spinach, eggs, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, taco seasoning, drained pico de gallo, and shredded cheese.
Mix well with hands to fully incorporate all ingredients.
Transfer to baking dish and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool a bit before cutting into 8 servings.
Nutrition Info | Makes 8 servings
235 calories, 8g fat, 23g carbs, 19g protein, 2g fiber
6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving