These simple and delicious muffins make a great healthy snack or easy on-the-go breakfast option when paired with a hard boiled egg or ounce of cheese for added protein.
- 1 1/2 cups pureed pear (I simply core, chop and blend 3 medium over ripe pears)
- 1/2 cup of raw sugar (I used turbinado)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon of oil (I used sunflower)
- 2 1/4 cups flour (I used oat flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, lightly beat egg and add pureed pear, sugar, vanilla, and oil. Add flour, spice, baking powder, soda and salt and fold to combine well.
Divide batter evenly into 12 cups and bake for 16-18 minutes. Allow to cool completely before enjoying.
Nutrition Info | Makes 12 servings, 1 muffin each
143 calories, 2g fat, 28g carbs, 3g fiber, 3g protein
4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving