I love Waldorf chicken salad made with mayo, chopped veggies, nuts and grapes.
This recipe is a little twist on that, and combines beautifully aromatic curry flavor with the bright citrus burst of orange zest and juice, tart and sweet granny smith apples and dried cranberries.
It’s awesome for a picnic, brunch, garden party, bridal or baby shower or any gathering and delicious over salad, with a side of veggies, or in a wrap or sandwich. I love making party sandwiches with it! The best part is, it’s super simple and can be made the night before.
- 2 cups of cooked and cooled chicken breast, chopped
- The zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup of dried cranberries (I like to use a combination of cranberries and golden raisins, be sure to use no sugar added if you are doing Whole30)
- 2 tablespoons of mayo (homemade if doing Whole30, you may use light if preferred)
- ¼ cup of raw nuts, pecans, walnuts or almonds work great
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder (I use mild)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of dried cilantro, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- A few pinches of pepper
Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine well. Cover and refrigerate until just before serving. That’s it!
Nutrition Info | Makes about 8 servings, ½ cup each
170 calories, 7.3g fat, 8g carbs, 1.9g fiber, 19g protein
4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving