I love making this salad as a side dish for barbecues, summer meals or picnics. Because it contains no mayo, it’s a great option for warm weather gatherings and it’s definitely waist and tastebud friendly.
Such an easy recipe and can be made with any veggies you have kicking about in your fridge!
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise, seeds removed and discarded, and cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, very finely minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt (or more depending on taste preference)
- A few pinches of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of parsley or cilantro
Pan fry bacon in a skillet coated with cooking spray until the slices are well crisp on both sides. Remove from pan and allow to cool. Toss all chopped veggies in bacon drippings, and add seasonings. Once bacon is cool, chop and add to salad, tossing to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutritional Information | Makes about 8 servings, 1/2 cup each
130 calories, 8g fat, 12g carbs, 4g fiber, 2.8g protein
3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving