So delicious and simple! This pasta salad makes a beautiful and fresh cold pasta salad for family barbecues and picnics.
- 1-16 oz. box of pasta – I love using radiatore pasta for pasta salads but rotini, penne and bow ties or macaroni would all work great!
- 6 oz. of lump crab meat, shredded
- 4 oz. of chorizo sausage, thinly sliced or crumbled
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a saucepan, cook paste to ‘al dente’ instructions. When finished cooking (usually 9-11 minutes) immediate drain in colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process and remove excess starch from pasta. In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chorizo slices and remove and set aside. In the chorizo fat, cook onion, pepper, celery and garlic until tender. Add crab and chopped tomato, lemon juice and zest and all seasonings, return chorizo to pan and mix well. In a large bowl, add pasta and pour in olive oil, toss to coat and then add crab, veggie and chorizo mix. Toss well to combine all ingredients. Store, covered, in the fridge until just before serving.
Nutrition Information | Makes 10 servings, about 1 cup each
234 calories, 4.6g fat, 34.8g carbs, 10.5g protein, 2.2g fiber
6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving