Recently, I went into Dunkin Donuts to get a coffee and saw their new Strawberry Cheesecake Muffin, it looked (and I am sure tastes) delicious, but at 490 calories and 13 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, it’s a bit too rich for my lifestyle.
I wanted to try and create something that would be as delicious, but would fit into my healthy eating plan, so I came up with these. Moist and delicious, these little bars have all of the flavors you’d expect in a strawberry cheesecake muffin, without the calories and fat!
- 1 cup plus ¼ cup of chopped strawberries, divided
- 1 ½ cups of flour (I used oat flour)
- 6 tablespoons of light cream cheese
- ¼ cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup of non fat plain yogurt (I used Chobani Greek yogurt)
- ⅔ cups of sweetener (the type that measures equally with sugar) OR ⅓ cup of sugar and sweetener blend
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 squares of white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 graham cracker, crushed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a square baking dish, I used an 8″ x 8″ glass dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a blender, combine flour, cream cheese, apple sauce, yogurt, sweetener, 1 cup of chopped strawberries, vanilla extract, and baking powder.
Fold in white chocolate and pour batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed graham cracker and chopped strawberries.
Bake in the oven for about 22-25 minutes (check them after about 18 minutes as oven temperatures and cooking times vary), or until a wooden stick comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely before cutting into 12 bars with a sharp knife.
Nutrition Facts | Makes 12 muffin bars
88 calories, 3g fat, 12.8g carbs, 1.8g fiber, 2.8g protein
2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving