I love brownies, blondies, cake bars, congo bars – all of it! These combine sweet caramel and salty pretzels into a totally yummy, deliciously moist and deceptively light treat.
- 1 15.8 oz. can of Northern Beans (white beans), drained and very well rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of light butter spread (I used Brummel and Brown yogurt spread)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of sweetener and sugar blend (I used Truvia)
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon of sugar free caramel topping (I used Smuckers), divided
- 1/4 cup of fat free milk
- 1/4 cup of non fat Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 16 mini salted pretzels
Preheat the oven to 350f. Spray a square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a blender, combine beans, light spread, egg, brown sugar, sweetener blend, 1/4 cup of caramel topping, milk, yogurt, and vanilla. Blend VERY well, for at least a minute until you get a smooth pudding-like mixture with no visible bean skins.
Pour mixture into a bowl and fold in flour, baking powder, and salt until well incorporated.
Measure out 1 tablespoon of caramel topping, and drizzle over top of batter. Using a toothpick or wooden stick, carefully swirl caramel into the batter. Space the mini pretzels 4 across, and 4 up and down.
Bake for about 22-25 minutes, do not overcook. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, at least 2 hours, before attempting to cut into 16 blondies with a sharp knife.
Before serving, I carefully divided a 1/2 teaspoon of caramel topping into the holes of each pretzel.
Nutrition Facts | Makes 16 Servings
135 calories, 1g fat, 25.6g carbs, 2.3g fiber, 4.6g protein
3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus each