This salad is a great side dish at any spring or summer gathering and perfect for a barbecue. Light and creamy and with all of the flavors of caesar salad, this one goes fast!
- 1 1lb. box of rotini pasta
- 2 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 4 tablespoons of light caesar dressing (I used Ken’s)
- 1 tablespoon of light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of light non-fat plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 4 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 12 seasoned croutons, broken up into smaller chunks
- 1 tablespoon of parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil water with a pinch of salt and cook pasta to al dente, around 9 minutes.
Immediately pour pasta into a colander to drain the hot water and place under cold running water to cool. Allow pasta to drain thoroughly.
In a pan over medium heat coated with cooking spray, cook bacon for a few minutes, flipping to cook both sides. Remove bacon and set aside. Cook peppers, onions, and garlic in bacon drippings until tender.
In a bowl, whisk together dressing, mayo, yogurt, cheese, and lemon juice.
In a large serving bowl combine pasta with sautéed veggies and creamy caesar mixture. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Chop bacon into bits and add to pasta along with chopped parsley and croutons and toss. Store in fridge until just before serving. Serve cold.
Nutrition Facts | Makes 12 servings, 1 cup each
183 calories, 3g fat, 30g carbs, 3g fiber, 9.4g protein
5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving