This is such an easy and budget-friendly dinner. It’s light and so flavorful and contains all of the Italian flavors of a heavier bolognese with much less calories and fat!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups of cherry or heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 2 cans of tuna packed in water, well drained and flaked with a fork
- ¼ cup of tomato paste
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat and sauté chopped onions and garlic until tender. Add tomatoes and toss, then sauté until the tomato skins begin to soften and wrinkle. Add wine, tomato paste, basil, oregano, salt and pepper and stir. Add tuna and combine. Turn heat down and allow to simmer for 5 minutes before serving over pasta, rice, or quinoa. Add a few sliced olives to garnish.
Nutrition Facts | Makes 4 servings
126 calories, 4.5g fat, 9.75g carbs, 2g fiber, 13.2g protein
3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving