These are wonderfully delicious and super nutritious too! Muffin sized frittatas which are great on the go for breakfast, brunch or lunch.
- 1 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup of part skim ricotta cheese (works with cottage cheese or plain/Greek yogurt too!)
- 2 tablespoons of pancake/waffle mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain Pancake Mix)
- 1/2 cup of light shredded cheese
- 1 cup of raw baby spinach
- 1/4 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- A few shakes of pepper
Preheat oven to 375 and spray standard 12-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a blender or with an emulsifier, combine egg whites, avocado, milk, ricotta cheese, spinach, pancake mix and salt, garlic powder and pepper with just a few quick pulses. Fold shredded cheese into the mixture. Fill muffin cups half-way and carefully place pepper slices and a spinach or mixed green garnish on top of mix. Bake for about 20 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool completely inside of muffin tin before removing and eating.
Serve with fruit for a filling and deliciously nutritious breakfast!
Nutrition Facts | Makes 4 servings, 3 frittatas each
204 cals, 7.5 g fat, 18g carbs, 4.4g fiber, 17g protein
5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving