A reduced sugar, really moist, fluffy and very cake-like muffin. You could easily make this as a cake and it would be an absolute hit!
The best part is that each muffin comes in at only 108 calories and 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus each!
You might be skeptical about trying it when you read some of the ingredients, but TRUST ME, this recipe producing the most deliciously decadent muffins that everyone will really love.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sweetener and sugar blend (I used Truvia blend)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 2 sugar free chocolate pudding snack cups (or 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of chocolate pudding)
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup egg whites or two cracked egg whites (I just used the liquid egg whites from the carton)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butterscotch chips (reserve a few to sprinkle over top)
Light Bites Done Right Tip! While the triple chip mix looks pretty and tastes great, if you only have one kind of any of the chips on hand, just use 3 tablespoons of any of either type – they will come out absolutely delicious with any chips including peanut butter! I also love to use mini chips, as you get more distribution of chocolate for the same calories per tablespoon!
Preheat the oven to 350f.
Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Spray inside of liners with a light mist of baking spray.
In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites, sugar, vanilla, pudding, oil and milk. Sift flour into a bowl and add cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vinegar. Whisk together. Fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few to sprinkle on to the top of the cupcakes.
Pour batter evenly into 12 cups and bake in oven for about 28-30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before enjoying!
Nutrition facts | Makes 12 servings, 1 muffin each
108 cals, 2.25g fat, 26.3 carb, .8g fiber, 3g protein
4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving