You can make tons of meals with this one!
This is 88 calories, and 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus for a 1/2 cup serving (as shown divided over a divided Light Original Flatoutbread for tacos) or 176 calories and 4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus for 1 cup over quinoa, brown rice or a salad. I make a lasagna with it too.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos soy sauce alternative (or 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoon red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons each garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional if you like a little heat, I use Sriracha)
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional if you like a little heat)
Set the slow cooker on medium setting. Put all ingredients – except for the corn starch – in the cooker, mix with wooden spoon and cover. Cook for 5-6 hours. Remove lid and add corn starch, mix well and cover. Turn setting to high and allow to cook for another hour. Remove lid, break the chicken up with a fork, mix, taste and adjust seasoning by adding more salt if desired, before dishing out.
Nutrition facts | Makes 10 servings, 1/2 cup each
88 cals, 1g fat, 8g carb, 1g fiber, 10g protein
2 Weight Watchers PointPlus per serving